The MA’AJIN WATARI FOUNDATION (MWF) was founded in April 2007 and launched on the 8th of June, 2010 in Zakirai town Gabasawa Local Government Area of Kano state of the Federal Republic of Nigerian. The founder who is also the Chairman Board of Trustees is Dr.Abba Ahmad,Ma’ajin Watarin Kano and District Head of Kabo in Kano State. Other members of the Board of Trustees of the Ma’ajin Watari Abba Ahmad Foudation are Alhaji Muzzammil A Ahmad,Alhaji Muddathir A Ahmad,Waheeda A Ahmad and Shaheeda A Ahmad.
In contemporary world, Foundation is founded/established to serve ALMIGHTY ALLAH and also to serve humanity. Global Organization like this Foundation is confronted with varied, complex and intricate social, economic and political problems. Governments throughout the world are involved in finding effective and lasting solutions to the numerous social and economic problems confronting the modern world particularly in educational, health care and social sectors of the economy. Religious conflicts arising from religious differences/background leads to social disorganization within the community.
It is obvious that all the problems facing the modern world cannot be solved by Government alone. Hence, the need for privately sponsored foundations to supplements the efforts of Government in finding effective and lasting solutions to the numerous problems could not be overemphasize.
The establishment of Ma’ajin Watari Foundation was conceived as a result of global economic recession which was responsible for the inability of so many governments particularly in Nigeria to provide the basic essential needs to its populace.
We all appreciate the government’s efforts in providing social services to the citizens of this Nation, but that efforts could not be sustained because of the heavy burden the government is shouldering in trying to provide other social services to the people in so many sectors of the economy. This foundation and similar organization around the world – if join hands together will certainly compliment the effort of governments in providing essential services to the people. These services include the following;
• Qualitative community education especially science subjects that could lead more Female to read Medicine and other paramedical courses.
• Educating the community to respect each other’s religion and tolerate one another regardless of their religious belief and differences. Since the importance of such NGOs is fully identified and recognized it is therefore absolutely necessary for the NGOs to make people be aware that it is not only the responsibility of the Governments but indeed the community as a whole, by participating and contributing actively particularly financially with a view to reducing the heavy burden on the government to enable it (government) provide better and qualitative social services. This could be achieved by flashing up the skeletal services being rendered by the government and identify government problem with a view to finding an effective and lasting solution. Similarly it is being assumed that for any social services being rendered by the government to be meaningful and fully utilized and valued it must therefore be an object of identification for the people who are to utilize and value it.
It is against this background that I am appealing to all foundations and similar NGO regardless of their ideological differences to come together and team up to assist the governments in providing qualitative social services to various field of endeavours of the community.
The aims and objectives of such foundations throughout the modern world are always patriotic, progressive and revolutionary.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE MA’AJIN WATARI ABBA AHMED FOUNDATION (MWF)
The aims and objectives of the Ma’ajin Watari Foundation (MWF) are as follows:
1. The attention of the Foundation will be geared towards producing at least 2300 female doctors i.e. 50 from each of the 44 local governments of Kano State and 100 from two local governments of Jigawa State. We hope to achieve this target at least by 2018.
To achieve this noble goal, the Foundation will provide well equipped laboratory, science text books such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics and English as well as Islamic studies. Similarly, the Foundation will provide writing materials, uniforms and other teaching aids to the students while governments will provide classrooms and qualified teachers. The beneficiary of this noble gesture will be students of senior secondary schools level.
i. Propagation of Islam to reduce conflict between Muslims and Christians in Nigeria, so that peaceful co-existence can be encouraged and promoted between adherent of the two religions in Nigeria.
ii. Establishing of Islamic Missionary societies that will provide educational and medical facilities to less privileged non-muslim pagans (Maguzawa) communities by appreciating the beauty of divine ideals and principles of Islam so that they can willingly and peacefully embrace Islam as their religion.
iii. To liaise with Saudi authorities to provide meat realized from animals sacrificed by pilgrims during the annual pilgrimage to victims of religious conflicts especially widows whose husbands were killed during such religious uprising.
iv. To provide assistance (e.g. relief materials) to victims of ethnic/religious violence, particularly widows who lost their husbands as a result of religious uprising.
v. To discourage the abuse of womanhood by some male medical doctors in Nigeria by providing Female Doctors as earlier discussed in the preceding page.
vi. To undertake research on the HOLY QUR’AN and prove that contemporary scientific knowledge and development is originated from the HOLY QUR’AN. This could be achieved through collaboration with other similar organizations globally, who have the same aims and objectives.
vii. To try to unify the various sects of Islam under one umbrella.
viii. To reduce and eradicate the “Almajirai/Street Begging Problem” in Nigeria by establishing Islamiyya schools in their respective localities in Nigeria.
3. To reduce and eradicate Malaria in Nigeria by collaborating with Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria, World Health Organization and other relevant organizations of the world by assisting with ideas and technical knowledge.
The man (Abba Ahmed) happens to hail from the Fulani Sect of “Mundubawa” that belongs to the state (Kano) whom his Ancestor (Emir of Kano “Suleiman”) was the first Fulani who was saddled with the responsibility of flying the flag of Islamic Dynasty of the Othman Dan Fodio Islamic Empire.
Alhaji Abba Ahmed, started his first and early education in Zakirai Town of Gabasawa Local Government, through Secondary school and various institutions of higher learning both at home and abroad and as far as “American University of Beirut (Lebanon)” where he obtained his degree in Environmental Sciences and became a Health Practitioner and Environmentalist.
Dr. Abba Ahmed served in public as well as private sector and contributed immensely in both.
PUBLIC SECTOR – NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL
• Federal Ministry of Health in the department of Food and Drugs Directorate now NAFDAC
– Pioneer of Food and Drugs Directorate now NAFDAC
– Single handedly put cholera outbreak under control in Kano State in the year 1974.
– Health facilities reached the door step of the less priviledged in 1970’s
• Served in the Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) in its Headquarters in Lagos and its London Branch.
• Served in the Nigerian National Supply Company in a Management capacity.
• Executive Director/CEO Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB)
• Kano State Ministry of Health where he served in various capacities.
• Set up a company name Achila Int. Ltd.
– Provide insecticide to farmers.
– Provide Agricultural and Public Health services.
– Provide Environmental services
– Facility Management Control.
– All Environmental related services.
ABBA GRAPHICS LTD
– Provide all printing related Jobs and Gifts
– This company is widely spread with branches across the country in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kano.
Appointed Ma’ajin Watarin Kano by His Royal Highness The Emir of Kano on 16th July, 1993 and was later posted to Kabo Local Government as the District Head of Kabo Local Government and assume duty on 17th May, 2003.
INTERNATIONAL, NATIONAL, TRADITIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND AWARDS
– Member of Royal Society of Health, London
– Member of National Public Health Society
– Turbaned – Ma’ajin Watarin Kano on June 25th, 1993 by His Royal Highness Emir of Kano
– Honourable Member of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations Abuja Chapter
– Fellow Institute of Business Managers and Administrations of Nigeria (Ibadan) 1997
– Honorary Doctorate Degree of Administration conferred by Institute of Business Managers and Administration of Nigerian, September 14th, 1997
– Award of Philanthropist and Generous Service by Kabo Local Government Student’s Association, July, 2009
– Nigerian Selfless service Gold Award in appreciation of immense contribution to the development of Nigeria. Presented by Majesty Global Publications November 14th, 2009
– Great Northern – Nigeria Achievers Gold Award for Development in Appreciation for immense contributions to the development of Northern Nigeria. Presented by Majesty Global Publications. May 1st 2010.